You can now have my Style Notes column delivered direct to your inbox every Saturday morning, by subscribing to my new blog Maggie Alderson Style Notes.

Click on the rather faint grey link above.

Follow me on marvellous Twitter @MaggieA

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Australian Book Tour October 2008


Tuesday
I can't believe I am leaving for Sydney tomorrow.
I am so not packed, I have no nice clothes, but I did manage to do a supermarket sweep on Top Shop and buy two pairs of wild shoes this morning.

Anyway, enought of that chit chat, here is where I will be in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne next week, talking about my new novel How To Break Your Own Heart.

It would be great to meet you. Please come.

BRISBANE - Monday 27th October, 6:15pm to 8:pm
Talk about the book, Q&A and signing.
MARY RYAN BOOKSTORE
40 Park Road, Milton

SYDNEY - Tuesday 28th October, 12.30 to 1.30pm
DYMOCKS
George Street, CBD
Now this will be funny. This one is actually about In Bed With - the anthology of absolutely FILTHY short stories that I have co-edited with my best writer gal pals Kathy Lette, Jessica Adam and Imogen Edwards-Jones.

Kathy, Jessica and I will be in store - along with some lingerie models who I will be trying very hard not to stand next to - and some of the contributors, including my old colleague Emma Tom.

MELBOURNE - Thursday October 30th, 6:30pm to 8pm
Talk about How To Break Your Own Heart, followed by Q & A and signing.
READINGS BOOKSTORE
701 Glenferrie Road,Hawthorn

SYDNEY - Friday October 31st, 1pm to 2pm
Talk about How To Break Your Own Heart, Q & A, signing.
CONSTANT READER BOOKSTORE EVENT
Stanton Library, 234 Miller St, Crows Nest.

Hope to meet you at one of them.

Maggie x

PS Did I mention that I have a new book out?

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, Birkenstocks aren't bad for your feet, they are bad for podiatrists.
    Anything that makes you grip and release your toes when walking is good for your feet. And good feet don't need interventions ( except your pedicure).
    Cheers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this at the moment and loving it! You are my favourite Australian author - I know you're from the UK but I claim you for the land of Oz :).

    Nicolex

    ReplyDelete