You can now have my Style Notes column delivered direct to your inbox every Saturday morning, by subscribing to my new blog Maggie Alderson Style Notes.

Click on the rather faint grey link above.

Follow me on marvellous Twitter @MaggieA

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brisbane

I'm staying at The Limes - a boutique 'design' hotel so cool they don't do anything as mundane as serve breakfast. Instead they provide a proper kettle and mugs, a jug of real milk in the fridge and a top selection of teas and coffees - and a list of Brisbane's best breakfast cafes.

At first I was outraged - I WANT MY ROOM SERVICE!!! - but I'm converted. Loved walking to Cafe Cirque this morning, where I had avocado, tomato and basil on toast. Yum.

I am slightly stressed about my first live event tonight (see details below...), but will be boosted by wearing my new Easton Pearson top. As I am in the label's home town - I'm having dinner with the designers Lydia and Pam tonight - I am going to declare that I'm wearing Local Costume. Also going to their flagship store today, swoon, thrill, pant. Yes, I am very very shallow.

And continuing the theme of smallworld.com from my last post - the absolutely delightful young man on the front desk at the hotel here, turns out to be Lydia Pearson's son, Felix.

This is where I will be tonight:
BRISBANE - Monday 27th October, 6:15pm to 8:pm
Talk about the book, Q&A and signing.
MARY RYAN BOOKSTORE 40 Park Road, Milton.

It would be lovely to see you.

Maggie x

Rest of tour:
SYDNEY - Tuesday 28th October, 12.30 to 1.30pm
DYMOCKS George Street, CBD
Now this will be funny. This one is actually about In Bed With - the anthology of absolutely FILTHY short stories that I have co-edited with my best writer gal pals Kathy Lette, Jessica Adam and Imogen Edwards-Jones.Kathy, Jessica and I will be in store - along with some lingerie models who I will be trying very hard not to stand next to - and some of the contributors, including my old colleague Emma Tom.

MELBOURNE - Thursday October 30th, 6:30pm to 8pm
Talk about How To Break Your Own Heart, followed by Q & A and signing.
READINGS BOOKSTORE 701 Glenferrie Road,Hawthorn

SYDNEY - Friday October 31st, 1pm to 2pm
Talk about How To Break Your Own Heart, Q & A, signing.
CONSTANT READER BOOKSTORE EVENT Stanton Library, 234 Miller St, Crows Nest.

1 comment:

  1. Went to Stanton Library and was sorry/embarrassed that the audience seemed a bit dull. Should have gone to the Dymocks talk on the other book 'Filth'! Maggie very interesting nonetheless, as I expected....felt I would have liked to have invited Maggie out for coffee to get away from that boring woman introducing her..she didn't even say thankyou to Maggie at the end. I have been a really big fan of Maggie's for so long and constantly connect with her thoughts and day to day ponderings in SMH. Please come back soon Maggie!!!!

    ReplyDelete